Freecell solitaire is a fun and addictive single player card game. It was invented by Paul Alfille who made the first computerised version of it in 1978. Freecell is very dependent on skill and almost every game can be won with perfect strategy. There are only a few known deals that are unsolvable. This is what makes this game much more interesting than other solitaires like Klondike where luck is a huge factor.
If you plan your Freecell strategy carefully you have a much better chance of winning. Here are a few easy tips that will help you solve your games more often.
1. You have to plan several moves ahead. Before making your first move, examine the table carefully. Moves that seems obvious are not always the best ones.
2. Start with the Aces. Make it the priority to free all Aces first, especially if they are buried behind several high cards.
3. Create an empty pile on the table as soon as possible. Empty piles can be even more useful than empty free cells. They can be used to store an entire sequence of cards instead of just one card. They also make it possible to move an ordered sequence of cards that is twice as long from one pile to another, also known as a “super-move”.
4. Don’t place and cards in the free cells unless game pikachu you have no alternative. Always try to keep as many free cells empty as possible. The key to solve a Freecell deal is the ability to maneuver and you will have nearly no space to do that once they are all full.
5. Always try to fill empty piles with a long descending sequence, beginning with a King if possible.
6. Do not move every card you can to the home cells to fast. You might need them to move around lower cards of other suits.
Some Freecell games are solved very easily while other may take more time to complete. By replaying the same shuffle in a number of different ways you will be able to solve most of the more difficult ones. The more you play the more games you will be able to solve. Continue to practice using the strategies above and soon you will find yourself getting better results and having more fun playing Freecell solitaire!